Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunshine, Carseat, and Checklists



Wow, it's been a while since my last post!
We enjoyed a beautiful summer like day here in Southwestern PA. It was 85 degrees, and although the kids wanted to get in the pool, (unfortunately it has an awful green tint to it) they settle for the sprinkler.

I wanted to get the car seat ready to be installed in the car, and we had to rethread the straps, since we haven't had to have a seat with buckles in for a while. Well, let me tell you the job that was, trying to remember back 2 or 3 years ago when we used it last.. It took me over an hour but, I got it right!

I am STILL packing! I had packed alot of my shorts, and since it got so warm this weekend, I had to rifle through everything, and well, it's just a mess! I have everything bought for my checklist. I have made more than my fair share of trips to Walmart this past week, although, there will still probably be one more before we leave Friday. We will probably leave around 4 a.m. for the airport, so we can miss that infamous Pittsburgh traffic going into the city. I can't believe we are leaving in 5 days, it still hasn't hit me yet! I don't think it will until we are boarding the plane to Beijing.
Please pray for us as we prepare to tie up a few loose ends with the kids, and such, and that they don't get too homesick for us(and us for them!). According to my mom, and the schedule they have going on, they won't have time to miss us!
One week from today, she will be in our arms!

Only 5 more sleeps...probably should just say 4, because I know I won't be sleeping much Thursday night!

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and was so blessed to see you are going to add this little blessing to your family. Check out my blog and look at nursery post. It is all ladybug from Walmart.
    http://ladybug-diaries.blogspot.com She is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - I just found your blog - congratulations on your new daughter - enjoy your time in China - it is a life changing experience in many ways. We hope to be traveling for our 2nd China Blessing in the fall.

    Donna
    mcnewfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete