Sunday, March 1, 2009

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

I have started to give thought about making some meals ahead of time for when we are gone, since my mom will be watching the kids, and it would help her out with the cooking. So, I sat down and started going through my recipes and magazines to find some new recipes. I do enjoy cooking, and I like to try out new things. It got me to thinking about doing a Recipe of the Week post. I like to swap recipes with others, and maybe mine will be enjoyed by your family. This recipe is a new twist to an old favorite!

"Mexican Meatloaves"

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

1 1/2 lbs hamburg
celery
chopped onion
1/2 c milk
1 c bread crumbs
salt & pepper


The following ingriedients are for the sauce. Half of this will be put in with the meat, and the other half on top of the meatloaves.

1/2 c salsa (you decide on mild, medium,etc.They do get spicier the hotter the salsa)
1 c BBQ sauce
1/4 c Worcestershire Sauce

Mix all ingriedients togther with half the sauce. Form into mini meatloaves and place into a 13x9 pan. Top meatloaves with remaining sauce.

Bake for 45 minutes, or until no longer pink inside, since ovens differ.

I make these with mashed potatoes and a vegetable. They are really yummy!

I also like this recipe because the ingredients are common household items you would have on hand.

If you try them, let me know how you like them.

A little bit of an off topic post, but, unfortunately, I don't have anything new to post about as far as the adoption progress.

We are now at Day 65! Hoping to hear some good news soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment