Friday, May 8, 2009

Greetings From Guangzhou!

Ok, I have fallen in love two times this week...First with my baby girl, and now with Shamien Island, Guanghzou. I have never felt more relaxed and at "home" than I do right now. We had supper at the famous Lucy's restaurant, and Dan had a steak, and I had a grilled chicken wrap, fries, and cheesecake! It is so beautiful here! We browsed in a couple of shops, and can't wait to be able to start bargaining for our loot! Our guide is just awesome, and he has some really cool things planned for us. Tomorrow morning, we go to the physical exam place for Chloe's checkup. Then he is taking us to lunch. We will then do paperwork in the afternoon. On Sunday night, we are going on a dinner cruise on the Pearl River. We were able to eat outside tonight at Lucy's, since the weather is so warm here. It is along the river, and the view is just breathtaking... There are many other families here who are asopting, and it's fun to meet and see where everyone is from.
We met up with 2 other BAAS families tonight. I was SO excited to meet them. It's kind of surreal reading each other's blogs, and now finally getting to meet! We are all staying at the Victory. I can't wait to talk with them tomorrow and catch up.
Chloe did wonderful on her plane ride here. It was about 2 hours and 10 minutes. She freaked out when we put the seatbelt on her, and freaked out when we actually took off. We had a lot of turbulence. BUT, she fell asleep within 10 minutes of taking off and slept the whole flight-answered prayers for sure! Think that will happen on the plane ride home????
Well, it's getting late here, and I need to get some sleep, we have a big day ahead of us tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Ang,
    I'm so glad everything is going so well!!Sounds like your having a great time.I can't wait to talk to you.I saw the boys last night at the Spring concert,they looked great!!We finally have sun here, since their is no school we're heading for the bike trail.Have a great day.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing.... It's so nice to hear that everything is so welcoming. So awesome that she is doing so well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you made to GZ SAFLEY!!! I THINK GZ
    IS THE SECOND BEST PART OF THE ADOPTION TRIP!! HAVE FUN SHOPPING!! It gives me great hope
    that Katie will do as great as Chloe has
    done!!!

    Hugs,

    Sindy

    ReplyDelete